Individual & Family Assistance
Property Tax Assistance
Will County, Illinois
The Property Tax Assistance Program provides assistance to individuals or families who are delinquent on property tax payments.
Who is Eligible for Property Tax Assistance?
To apply for property tax assistance you must provide proof that your taxes are delinquent.
How to Apply
Applications are taken Monday through Friday from 8am – 3pm on a walk-in basis. A limited number of applications are taken each day.
In order to provide you with the best possible service, applications for some services that we offer may require an appointment. Please call (815) 722-0722 for additional information on applying for services.
What Should I Bring to the Appointment?
You will need to bring certain documentation to your appointment to apply for our emergency assistance program.
View documentation needed
The following documentation is required to apply for assistance:
- Current Property Tax Bill
- Hardship letter
- Reason of your property tax delinquency. Applicant must have documentation to prove hardship.
- Current Tax Return
- Mortgage statement or deed
- Current bank statement
- Copy of all monthly expenses (bills)
- Must provide proof (receipts)of all expenses paid in the last 30 days
- Social Security Cards for all members living in the household
- Picture ID of applicant
- Proof of gross household income for 90 days prior to the date of application, which may include:
– Check stubs
– Child support
– Any documentation showing money coming into the household
- Print out of all benefits from DHS for:
– Food stamps
– TANF – cash assistance
– Other public aid
– Medical cards
- Anyone 18 years or older in the household with no income MUST have a printout from unemployment showing no benefits received 90 days prior to date of application.
You may be asked to bring in additional documentation depending on your household circumstances.