Individual & Family Assistance

Rental Assistance
Will County, Illinois

The Rental Assistance Program provides assistance to individuals or families who are delinquent on monthly rental payments, or seeking assistance with first months rent deposit.

Who is Eligible for Emergency Rental Assistance?

To apply for rental assistance, applicants must provide proof that they are at least 30 days delinquent or a lease showing 1st month rent is needed.

We are currently out of funds for rental assistance. Check back monthly to see if additional funding is available.

The following agencies might have rental assistance funds.

Catholic Charities – Daybreak
611 East Cass St
Joliet, IL
(815) 774-4663

Community Service Council of Will County
(All Will County except for Joliet, IL)

440 Quadrangle Dr. Unit C
Bolingbrook, IL
(815) 886-5000

Spanish Community Center
309 North Eastern Ave
Joliet, IL
(815) 727-3683

How to Apply

Applications are taken Monday through Friday from 8am – 3pm, and Wednesday from 8am – 6:30pm, on a walk-in basis or until the list is full for that day.

In order to provide the best possible service, applications for some services may require an appointment. Please call (815) 722-0722 for additional information when applying for services.

What Should I Bring to the Appointment?

Applicants will need to bring documentation to their appointment to apply for our rental assistance program.

View documentation needed

The following documentation is required to apply for assistance:

  • Current Late Rent or Eviction notice from Landlord, including name, address and phone number of Landlord.
  • Reason for emergency or delinquency. Applicant must have documentation to prove hardship.
  • Copy of lease.
  • Proof of all expenses paid (receipts) in the last 30 days.
  • Zero income households must prove how they are maintaining basic needs.
  • Social Security Cards for household members.
  • Picture ID of applicant.
  • Proof of gross household income for 30 days prior to the date of application, which may include:
    – Check stubs
    – SSA/SSI
    – Child support
    – Any documentation showing money coming into the household
  • Print out of all benefits from DHS for:
    – Food stamps
    – TANF – cash assistance
    – Other public aid
    – Medical cards
  • Anyone 18 years or older in the household with no income MUST have proof of no income, like unemployment and/or documentation from DHS.
  • Current Bank Statement

Applicants may be asked to bring in additional documentation depending on their household circumstances.