programs & services
Employment Support Program in Will County, Illinois
The Employment Support Program assists eligible customers with such items as daycare cost, transportation and work supplies that enable them to obtain and maintain employment.
Will County Employment Support Program Services
Services may include:
Applicants may be eligible for a one-time benefit.
The benefit is paid directly to vendors. No cash payments are made to participants. Expenses must be directly related to obtaining or maintaining employment, such as:
- Uniform, shoes and/or tools required by job
- Child care co-pay
- Car purchase down payment assistance
- Car payment
- Car repair
- Car insurance
- License plates (sticker)
Who is Eligible for Employment Support?
To be eligible for assistance, applicants must meet income eligibility or be within the income guidelines.
To Begin Application, Applicant:
- Must be working a minimum of 25 hours per week, OR
- Have an offer of employment of 25 or more hours per week.
Seasonal and/or Temporary employment does not qualify.
How to apply:
Applications are taken Monday through Friday from 8am – 3pm, and Wednesday from 8am – 6:30pm, on a walk-in basis or until the list if full for that day.
In order to provide the best possible service, applications for some services may require an appointment. Please call (815) 722-0722 for additional information when applying for services.
What Should I Bring to the Appointment?
Applicants will need to bring documentation to their appointment to apply for our emergency assistance program.
View documentation needed
The following documentation is required to apply for assistance:
- Letter or offer of employment with start date, name of company, address, phone number and supervisor’s name all on company letterhead. Payment to provider will not be released until the first pay stub is submitted.
- List of required uniforms, safety equipment and/or tools from employer on company letterhead or policy manuals stating as such.
- Will County resident must have a copy of rental lease and/or mortgage statement.
- Total household gross income (all income in household) for 30 days prior to application.
- Anyone 18 years or older in the household with no income MUST have proof of no income, like unemployment and/or documentation from DHS.
- Social Security cards for all household members.
- Reason and proof of need for assistance.
- Must provide proof (receipts) of all expenses paid in the last 30 days.
- Household budget that was created with agency representative at time of application.
- Printout of DHS (public aid) benefits, if applicable.
- For auto purchase or repair:
– Auto paperwork must be in applicant’s name and represent the final billing amount, no estimates.
– Auto must be insured within requirements of law.
– Valid and current driver’s license with current address, no traffic tickets, no outstanding warrants.
- Emission testing certification.
- Car Title and Registration.
- Information on child care provider.
- Current bank statement.