The mission of the Will County Center for Community Concerns is to assist and enable low
and moderate income individuals to obtain the opportunities needed to prepare themselves for self-sufficiency.
We are a 501 (c)(3) charitable organization dedicated to addressing the needs in the community by providing the
following programs and services:
- Community Service Block Grant
- LIHEAP (Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program)
- IHWAP (Illinois Home Weatherization Assistance Program)
- WCCCC is a HUD-certified Housing Counseling agency
Will County Center for Community Concerns is one of 36 Community Action Agencies which
together serve the entire state of Illinois, and a member of the national organization, Community Action
Partnership. The promise of community action is “Helping People / Changing Lives”, and carries out its mission
through a variety of means including:
- Community-wide assessments of needs and strengths
- Comprehensive anti-poverty plans and strategies
- Provision of a broad range of direct services
- Mobilization of financial and non-financial resources
- Advocacy on behalf of low-income people and
- Partnerships with other community-based organizations to eliminate poverty
Will County Center for Community Concerns, Inc. is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization.
It was established in 1987 to serve as the Community Action Agency for Will County at a site located in Joliet.
Our agency has had several homes in Will County since our inception in 1987 before settling at our current location
on the west side of Joliet.
We design and conduct both short and long term programs for the benefit of Will County’s
low-income citizens. In addition to our ongoing programs (Community Services Block Grant, LIHEAP and Weatherization,
we have also offered the following special projects to best serve our customers:
- TeamFirestoppers: 2006, 2008, 2010, and 2014 (in partnership with American Red Cross)
- Energy Efficient Lighting Program – CFL Bulb Exchange 2008, 2011, 2012, and 2013 ( in partnership with CITGO and Citizen’s Energy Corporation)
- ComEd Residential Hardship Program: 2009-2010
- Illinois Disaster Assistance Program: 2010 (in partnership with Will County Emergency Management Department)
- SafeLink: 2010-present
- Homeless Prevention and Rapid Rehousing Program (HPRP): 2009-2012
- Lead Hazard Reduction Programs: 2008, & 2010-2013
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA; in partnership with the IRS): 2010-present
- Healthy Homes, Healthy Families Annual Event: 2011-present
Our Commitment…To Serve
Our agency has made every effort to make it as simple as possible to access our
services and programs. Customers can come down to the agency and be
seen for multiple services in one visit. Although
each program has slightly different eligibility requirements, our customer service representatives are trained to
assess each customer’s needs and eligibility. We encourage our customers to take full advantage of every program
for which they are eligible as they make their way towards self-sufficiency.
In addition to offering direct services to our income-eligible customers, our
HUD-certified Housing Counselors can provide housing counseling to anyone in need of such services.
The Promise of Community Action
changes people’s lives, embodies the spirit of hope, improves communities, and makes America
a better place to live. We care about the entire community, and we are dedicated to helping people help
themselves and each other.
WCCCC has moved, our new location is 2455 Glenwood Avenue Joliet Il 60435. Our phone number 815-722-0722 will remain the same, please contact us with any questions.
To see a map to where we are moving
Utility Assistance will be available through our
LIHEAP Program beginning:
October 1, 2015 - Seniors and disabled households will be eligible.
November 2, 2015 - Households that are disconnected OR have a child under the age of 6 will be eligible.
December 1, 2015 - All other income eligible households are welcome.
Please check our LIHEAP page for eligibility requirements and outreach calendar.
WE WILL BE CLOSED
in observance of
ComEd Special Hardship Assistance
is available now!
Click here for additional information.
Pre-Purchase/Homebuyers Education Classes
WCCCC will offer class at no charge: Classes are instructed by HUD-approved Housing Counselors.
Saturday, 11/14/2015 9am-5pm
Saturday, 12/19/2015 9am-5pm
Financial Literacy Classes AVAILABLE
Receive $100 Checking or Savings account upon graduation!
PLEASE CALL VICKI McDONALD to sign up and for more information
815-722-0722 EXT 221
Monday, July 13, 2015 4pm-9pm and Monday, July 20, 2015 4pm-9pm (both sessions must be completed)
Tuesday, July 14, 2015 9am-2pm, and Tuesday, July 21,2015 9am-2pm (both sessions must be completed)
To learn about
Lifeline and Link-up
Telephone Assistance Programs click here..
Community Action, social services, low-income/poverty assistance support for Will County, IL:
Beecher Bolingbrook Braidwood Channahon Crest Hill Crete Elwood Fairmont Frankfort Godley Homer Glen Joliet Lockport
Manhattan Mokena Monee New Lenox Peotone Plainfield Rockdale Romeoville Shorewood Symerton Wilmington